Sunday, October 28, 2012

A tale of OG Gamers Blog 3: First models completed!

The last week has been one of the most hobby heavy I've had in a long time and I've really enjoyed it. After the rain last Sunday, I managed to undercoat and clean up the first batch of resin bases I'd ordedered, along with the 20 cultists I am planning to do as part of this months 'quota'. I spent Wednesday evening trying out paint schemes for the bases. I've also completed the paint of 4 cultists - a whopping 16 points out of my 250pt limit for month one.
On the gaming side, I've managed to also fit in 5 games of 40k - two on the Thursday club night and three in this month's Planet Og day yesterday.

Without further ado, here is the base scheme I settled on:



I tried lots of different greys, but couldn't settle on any, and resorted to a good old scheme I've done before, and should work well with lots of red and bronze/gold power armour.

The colour scheme was quite simple - undercoated black, a base coat of Dheneb Stone, then a wash of Gryphonne Sepia with a final highlight of drybrushed Bleached Bone. The sides of the bases are Khemri Brown.

The skills were painted with Vallejo Bronze, then Old Gold, befoe my old friend Devlan Mud was used to wash.

As mentioned above I've also finished 4 Cultists:

  
I'm particular please how the eight-point stars have come out on each model's right shoulder, and was really simple to do. Just a wash of Baal Red over the flesh.

Anyways, I have a load more cultists to be getting on with! Until next week...

Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment