Monday, November 12, 2012

A tale of OG Gamers Blog 3: Small Footsteps

I skipped a weekly update last Sunday as I didn't have a huge amount to report. There still isn't much to report this week, but I've got some pics of some WiP. Anyways:

a) All the bits I need to build my army for the next few months have arrived. That includes the FW order Ol co-ordinated, some additional bases from Dragonforge and some heavy weapon bits. Very pleased about everything being in place, other than the guy at DragonForge must have ticked the wrong box on the customs form as I'll have to pay £12 import tax when I pick them up from the post office. Expect to see some more conversion/kitbashing work from December onwards...

b) Progress on the modelling/painting front has been slowing down due to real life. I've decided to post a couple of pics showing the progress on my Aegis Defence line:

The obligatory before pic:

Current status:


Not the greatest quality pic, but you get the idea. It has taken a little while to construct. Firstly, I've filed off all of the Aquillas, and have replaced with Khorne symbols, to match the army. I've also added on some spikes with heads on to make them look more Chaos-y. The victims heads on spikes also fitted the siege idea of the wall sections.

There is still much to do with the paint scheme. I'm looking to darken the red a little and paint the trim of the wall sections bronze/brass. Painting red so far has taken a while - I've spray undercoated the sections white, followed by 2 coats of Carroburg Crimson, followed by a thin coat of red gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment