Sunday, November 18, 2012

A tale of OG Gamers Blog 3: Tester Berserker

Another week, another blog post. This week I gave up the notion of having 250pts painted by the end of the month. Whilst I have made some progress on the Aegis Defence line, I now have to paint the darker and metallic areas. Just painting these black is likely to take quite a while methinks. Still, it'll be worth it when its done, albeit late. There also has been no progress made on the Cultists - I haven't touched these for a few weeks now.

I have however managed to spend the whole of this afternoon working on the army. The majority of this time was spent washing and cleaning resin parts I received from  Forgeworld last Thursday. Today was bright and sunny, even if a little cold - I might not get a free day like this to work with resin in the garden for some time, so didn't want to miss the opportunity.

For the most part, there is little to show. However, I have glued together a test Berzerker:


I hate photographing models when its dark outside!

The model is made up of:

- Head, torso and shoulder pads from the Forgeworld conversion kit;
- Legs, arms and weapons from th new Raptor/Warp Talon kit; and
- Backpack from the standard Chaos Marines kit.

Whilst the FW has the kit built using parts from the standard Chaos Marine kit, I chose to go for the Raptors/Warp talons because the legs have much more detail and the weapons look more badass. The one thing I'm not sure on is the leg positioning - every model using this kit would be the same. It makes them look as though they are jumping/leaping into combat - something I wanted to note as in the new rules Berzerkers are dependent on the Rage, Counter Attack and Furious Charge special rules, so have to do well in the first round of combat before their damage output drops. Any feedback you have on this model is much appreciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment